How To Use Short-Form Video For Your Business
Video marketing effectively captivates, engages, and builds meaningful connections with customers. In fact, 6 in 10 marketers say videos are crucial for SEO and content marketing strategy, according to recent research from Brightcove. It’s no surprise that brands are striving to produce more video content. However, not all businesses know how to use short-form videos to their advantage. So, today we’ll discuss why you should use short-form video in your marketing strategy and what differentiates it from traditional video advertising.
What Is Short-Form Video
Short-form video is a video that is shorter than 10 minutes. Short-form videos are usually no more than 2 minutes long and can be used for marketing, advertising, and branding. For example, if you want to promote your business on social media or build an audience on YouTube for your channel, then short-form video can be an effective way of doing this.
Why Short-Form Video Works
Short-form video works for a variety of reasons:
- Short-form video is easier to digest, so your audience can watch it on the go and between other tasks.
- Short-form videos are more engaging than long-form videos because they’re shorter, so viewers are more likely to pay attention and engage with what you have to say.
- They also make it easier for people to share them with their friends or family members who may not have time or interest in watching a longer video right now but could be interested later down the road when they have more time or if they need some entertainment.
- You can use short form as an introduction for your brand, product or service before directing viewers towards longer content such as infographics/white papers, etc., which will help generate leads from your target audience.
- Short-form videos are well-suited for social media platforms, where users scroll through their feeds quickly and are likelier to stop and watch a short video.
- These videos can be created with minimal equipment and a small budget. This makes it accessible for most small businesses or individuals.
How To Use Short-Form Video
Short-form video is the perfect medium to tell your story. It’s quick, easy, and engaging, so you can use it to explain a process or show off your products. They are also good for promoting your brand. Also, it allows you to give viewers an idea of what makes you different from other companies in your industry.
Here are some examples of how businesses have used short-form videos:
- Storytelling – A coffee shop created a series of videos showing customers how they make their drinks using different coffee beans and brewing methods (e.g., French press). The videos were posted on Instagram, YouTube, and their website with links back to those platforms so that viewers could watch them again later if they wanted even more information about each method before deciding which one they wanted at home.
- Processes – A dry cleaner showed their customers exactly what happens behind closed doors when clothes come into the store. From sorting dirty clothes into bins based on color category; washing them; then pressing them before returning them neatly folded back into each baggie with tags attached so customers know exactly where everything came from when making decisions about future purchases.
- Product Demonstrations – A self-storage company uploaded several mini clips showing how easy it was for customers using wheeled carts while moving items into storage units.
How To Get Started With Short-Form Video
Short-form video is an effective and engaging platform, Morevoer, it seems to receive a disproportionate level of criticism compared to traditional advertising platforms like the radio or television. As with music videos, however, short-form video is most effective when you pair the song with a well-designed visual accompaniment. It’s all about the story, and people. If you can tell it effectively, people will watch. So. here are a few steps to get started with creating short-form video content:
- Choose a platform – Decide which social media platform you want to use to share your short-form videos. Popular choices include TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Develop a concept – Develop an idea or theme for your videos. Consider what content your target audience would be interested in and what message you want to convey.
- Create a content calendar – Plan out your video content in advance. Also, you can create a content calendar to help you stay organized.
- Film and edit – Use a smartphone or a camera to film your videos. Keep in mind that good lighting and sound quality are important. Use simple editing software to add music, text, and effects.
- Share – Once your video is edited and polished, upload it to your chosen platform and share it with your followers. Be sure to use relevant hashtags and engage with your audience.
- Measure and Analyze – Keep track of your video performance. Analyze what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments accordingly.
- Repeat – Keep creating and sharing videos to maintain engagement and grow your audience over time.
Businesses need to incorporate online video into their promotional plans to ensure continued growth and success in the years ahead. It’s no secret that consumers are going online to research products and services. So, you need to be there to entice them to come back to your site and buy from you. Short-form video is also a great way to boost results while only sacrificing time if you’re working with a limited marketing budget.